Tim started Mightybytes in early 1998 to help nonprofits, social enterprises, and purpose-driven companies solve problems, amplify their impact, and drive measurable business and marketing results.
Tim is a Certified Sustainability Designer through Gaia Education, a United Nations global education partner, where he co-facilitated their course on Economic Design. The course is part of the Design for Sustainability program, which helps students learn regenerative design and inclusive economic practices.
Tim has written four books, which have been translated into multiple languages and are used at educational institutions around the world:
- Designing for Sustainability: A Guide to Building Greener Digital Products and Services from O’Reilly Media
- Two editions of Return on Engagement: Content Strategy and Web Design Techniques for Digital Marketing from Elsevier/Focal Press
- Managing Interactive Media Projects, an academic project management guide from Cengage Learning
In addition to authoring books, Tim has written for dozens of well-known publications, blogs, and media outlets. He recently contributed to the following projects:
- The first-ever sustainability chapter of the HTTP Archive’s annual Web Almanac, a comprehensive report on the state of the web
- A chapter in the Ecomm Manager’s Sustainable Ecommerce Handbook
Tim is also a regular contributor to B the Change, the storytelling platform for the global B Corp community.
Passionate about the growing global B Corp movement, Tim has co-founded and/or led several B Corp-related networks:
- B Local Illinois
- The B Corp Marketers Network
- The B Proud Network
In 2013, Tim started a Sustainable Web Design community group at the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C). In 2023, this group introduced the Web Sustainability Guidelines to help organizations incorporate sustainability principles into the creation and management of digital products and services.
Tent Talks Session: Digital Sustainability
On Monday, December 4th at 5:00pm Central, Tim Frick joins us for a live Q&A session: Digital Sustainability.
UX Camp Winter 2024
New Web Sustainability Guidelines
Presentation description coming soon.